Friday, February 23, 2007

Who are we serving?

I will preface this post with the information that I am not a regular reader of Oswald Chambers. As divine will would have it, I found myself with time for lunch today, and no TV to watch. No Foxtrot anthology, car magazine, so I went to the bookshelf and ironically instead of reading the world book of facts from 1999 (did I mention I was at the mission house?), I reached for Upmost for His Highest.

I will not quote directly from today's entry, you can find that easily enough online I am sure.

I just found it interesting, the way things just "work out", me reading that lesson, this day.

Just what I needed. A reminder why we are here (on the Earth), and yet another reminder that life is not about me but about God.

We do what we do because we love God...not because we love other people. After all, they are ingrateful ingrates just like us. If we served others because of our love for humankind, we would burn out quickly Oh yeah...they are just like we were....and sometimes still are.

So why are we hooked up with Christ? Once again, it all comes back to God. Praise Him! (so I can wrap up doing what I am supposed to be doing all the time!)

No comments: