Sunday, July 29, 2007

Run like the wind bullseye!

Well, there was not much wind, and with a late start (of course....another speech!) the sun was out in full effect, but a good "race" nonetheless.

I did not break any personal bests, but was overall pleased with my time of two hours considering there is a group here and I have not exactly been in what you would call strict training. I suppose I should mention it was a mini-marathon, which is 13.1 miles for you US and UK citizens, or 21K for just about everyone else.

Ol' Charles Ford, the US embassador was even there in his role with the Ruth Paz foundation, which was the organization being benefitted through the race proceeds, sponsors, etc. Supposedly I heard that they raised over $40,000? Not sure how that happened, definitely my $2.50 for race entry was a big part I am sure.

No comments: