Wednesday, September 26, 2007

Soccer video

Care to see some video taken from the latest group? David Lawson, sports minister and artist extrodainare put together something for his blog, and I thought it was a good show for the soccer ministry, so here is the link for you to check it out:

http://www.davidlawson.blogspot.com/

Also their Church is currently in the middle of something I have seen before, but never quite put in such a way that has struck me. A faith in action campaign, with a slogan, if you will, on their website saying "Don't GO to Church...BE the Church." I am sure I have said this before, and with much thanks to Pastor Jeff for pointing this out in one of his sermons, but the old hand gesture I was taught as a kid, "this is the Church, this is the steeple, open the door and see all the people," is really just pushing forward the idea Church is somewhere we go, like a club or to the gym. It should be, "this is the building, this is the steeple, open the door, and see the Church. But wait, they are all getting up, and going out to do God's work!" Sure it requires more manual dexterity, and more memorization, but wow would it be closer to what WE as a Church should be.

And why do we even need the steeple? Is that not steeped (I could not resist) in past pagan buildings? Can you store stuff in it? Are they a wise use of funds? Would not a lightning rod on the roof serve just as good a purpose? Feel free to set me straight, if I am in the wrong here. Otherwise, I am taking a pro-no steeple stance.

No comments: