Sunday, November 18, 2007

Back from the NMC



(Brad corrupting me, a pour naive soul, a small town kid in the big city. I survived)

Well, a great weekend indeed at the missionary convention. Our thanks to more people than I could shake a stick at (why would I want to?) for their hospitality, friendship, advice, and time...especially the supporting Churches and ministries we got to see, our board members for the time working with me on all the upcoming stuff, and family of course as our North American tour continues.

The convention was good for a variety of reasons. Allow me to illustrate just a few: meeting with supporting Churches, seeing brothers and sisters that have been down on trips and/or coming on trips, talking to prospective interns, talking to a few people who had question on being called, where to go, how to do it, etc., spending time with our board of directors (during meetings...and in "extra-official" meetings), spending time in workshops, main sessions, meeting with other missions we partner with or wanted to learn from, in phone calls, and a little time in between for eating.

Oscar's comment to my parents tonight was: "we get a nice hotel room, very nice...but we don't sleep!" Ah, who needs sleep? Besides, you better be happy with what you're getting, there's a guy who has been awake since the second world war.

No comments: