Sunday, February 17, 2008

The pig and the chicken.

I am watching the Daytona 500. I am not devoted enough to watch the whole thing clear through, but quite a bit of it. Who cares what my motorsports habits are? Be patient, that was the prelude!

So they are sharing an anecdote, and immediately it occured to me that it reminded me of some (perhaps others might say "many") in the Church today. I looked it up, and the expression has been around for some time, and in a few different forms, but it still was new and fresh to me:

When one is eating bacon and eggs for breakfast...the chicken is involved, but the pig is committed.

It just reminded me that often times in life we are willing to give up what we need/have to get rid of anyway, or what does not cost us much in the long term, something to equivalent to punching a time card...but making a commitment, in our lives to Christ, changing how we live, breath, act, and think....ah that tends to be a little more rare.

Now let me take a little time to think about that myself. Talk amongst yourselves. I will give you a topic: topics are neither on top, nor have pics. Discuss.

No comments: