There is no time to go into all the things that went wrong today, but a time of testing and difficulty it most certainly was. What is God doing through all of it? We are not sure, but trust in His timing and guidance:
1. Some misunderstandings in the clinic staff needing a sit-down in the near future to discuss and resolve. Nothing major, but stressful especially for those involved and for us in authority.
2. A physical crisis in another staff member was intially diagnosed this morning pending further testing. This potential situation is both a blessing...and a consequence of decisions made. Emotionally charged through all of this caused much to boil over as she and we also await to see what another confirmation of those test results reveals.
3. The clinic was robbed again today at gun-point. Money and personal property (cell phones, rings, etc.) was taken, lives were threatened, but more importantly peace of mind was taken as well from all involved and subjected to such. The police know some of those involved...but we do not expect to see justice any time soon, or at least on this side of heaven.
Luke 18:7 And will not God bring about justice for his chosen ones, who cry out to him day and night? Will he keep putting them off?
4. Lilian was returned today to the treatment facility where she was staying after returning Sunday to get some tests down at the public hospital...proving a trying time for her, Valerie and Cecilia emotionally, spiritually and physically in seeing her off. We pray that her continued stay there will benefit her in the short and long term, and that God might be glorified through it all.
5. Add to that the CIY group arriving to the mission house today (20 minutes after the robbery much to my shock and surprise) and all that goes along with a new group arriving, it is proving to be a trying time...especially for Valerie. Each individual item by itself perhaps would be enough to drive one to tears and stress, but all four in one day, in a few hours really...it is hard to swallow all at once.
Yet we can struggle with the minutae of the details involved and begin to already shrug off the bigger problems by trusting in God and keeping our focus on Him, and the long term of the work here!
I do not share this to be pitied or seeking to proclaim us as injured. On the contrary...we need prayer and the peace and strength of God to keep going, but we know that through it He will guide us!
Does that seem odd or beyond reason or logic to you? Well then, consider Philipians 4:6-7
"6Do not be anxious about anything, but in everything, by prayer and petition, with thanksgiving, present your requests to God. 7And the peace of God, which transcends all understanding, will guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus.
I feel like I have that peace...that makes no sense to my human mind, and I want to pray for even more on days like today. Why?
That God might be glorified!