Wednesday, November 12, 2008

Sigh

I am worn out. I do not know why, but it caught up with me today. I was an emotional mess, struggling with materialism, stuff, issues, thinking about my kids future, about what I see happening in people I know, and do not know, Churches I know, and do not know, my immaturity, my depravity. I am not depressed, but just seeing things here and trying not to feel overwhelmed was enough to drive me to prayer, which is always a good thing.

So, what did we do while I was struggling with this internally? I met with the FCO chapter here at IU last night (Bloomington Indiana), then this morning (got up at 4:45) went with Brad to a men's Bible study, then off to see the BHRP (www.bhrp.org) where the corn we have distributed in Honduras is grown and processed, and then down to New Albany to see Doug, and as a cool bonus got to eat with him and his wife Kerry, and then back to SOCC for a fellowship meal tonight, and then back to Brad's pad, where he is the Head Fred of course, to catch up on all this email and such at about 7:30.

Tomorrow, more meetings, getting to see people, talk, discuss, and hopefully do all that to the glory of God and work in His kingdom.

No comments: