Tuesday, May 19, 2009

Rolling, rolling, rolling


So after the group departed yesterday, I began a five hour adventure with only one primordial goal...to get tires for the Mitsubishi (formerly of Sampedrana fame...mostly repaired now.) So after putting fuel in the empty tank, and paying the matricula (somehow which was lost...the registration paperwork) after 45 minutes in line at the bank, I finally (ok, with another hour or so lost in checking prices) ended up with new tires. The video shows what new tires could not fix however. When I first got in it...I was more than a little skiddish. Not only can you turn the wheel like a bad TV show driver sitting behind a fake wheel with no movement, but the brakes are a little squishy, and did I mention that the steering is not power steering? The speedometer works...but the other gauges, not so much. But it is transportation, and it should serve him and the congregation well...especially to get back and forth to get the clothes for the stores in San Juancito and Cantaranas.



I could not resist a few snap shots of Soren. Although not what really happened, here is how I imagine the following conversation:

Erica: "Soren, that is deep man!"
Soren: "Well, you know, I mean, that is just the way I see it. The Mater philosphy just says, you know, get 'er done, and I just feel that is what we all need to do, you know?"
Erica: "True that man, true that."








And what kid does not just light up at getting his picture taken beside several pounds of sausage? Part of his self described "very fun day!" with the group and both these pictures taken at Zamorano as we then got a tour of part of the huge campus. I believe I heard they also have 7,000 acres for farming, etc. which is even more than I would have guessed.

No comments: