Saturday, December 10, 2011

Encouragement through painful memories

I was remembering Soren’s accident a few years ago, and how just seeing the image makes me cringe, uncomfortable...and the thought of if I had been there and actually seen it happen...too much to bear.
 
He could easily have be killed when that big communion table came down on his head, the same head that was hitting the tile floor before getting slammed by the table (took two guys to pick it up off of him.)
 
 
I was not there that morning. I did not witness it. I felt helpless and that I could do nothing.
Our Father watched Jesus suffer for hours...tortured, pierced, and ultimately killed. He did it all for His glory, to save us from the crushing sin in our lives.
A good reminder for me that...
If you have a problem, if no one else can help, you can find Him, you can go higher as a member of Yahweh’s team.
He knows what you are going through, can sympathize, and can help in ways that seem so far away, so inconceivable, or impossible.


1 comment:

EmilyLaurann said...

This reminds me of something you told us when we were there in June: "The safest place to be is in God's will." Thank you for the encouragement.